Thursday, March 6, 2008

More about LibraryThing and Me

I've made progress in cataloging my books into LibraryThing and having fun on the way. Now I've started writing reviews in the reviews section, which can be read by anyone of the appr. 350 000 other users of the system, or by anyone browsing the library. You can search either your own library or the whole system with 23 million books at this time. Each time I catalog a book of mine I automatically see who else has the same book and can peek into their libraries, add them as "friends" or "interesting libraries", if I want. You can set your account as private but why? The more exposure the better, unless I start getting nasty comments, which you can flag.

You can also use the call numbers (both LC and Dewey), obtained by a simple click from Library of Congress, Amazon or one of the other 200 some databases and paste them on your books. I won't -- it's enough to get this invaluable, fabulous collection cataloged online and feel like I'm so Library 2.0 now --

I also joined "Librarians who Librarything" group. Support group for active bookworms.

No comments: