Thursday, March 13, 2008

Thing 11

Referring to our last meeting, I use google docs for my translating projects (translating was my first college degree) because I can access it anywhere and I lose memory sticks (need better memory). Right now I'm translating a book from Finnish into English to be published in Finland, and edited by a bilingual American editor here. It wouldn't matter where, actually, because he collaborates via google docs. The ease of it! So would that qualify as a Thing 15 somehow, too? My editor and I don't fight much about detail, we've worked on many projects before, but somehow this method creates a neutral, professional sphere that reduces the possibility of friction further yet. Formatting is adequate for the task on hand although it lacks finesse.

Some of my own children seem to prefer Netvibes as a place for a homepage, it must be more current in their set somehow. I try to learn from what comes out of the mouths of babes, too.

No comments: